Sunday 23 March 2014

Mothering Sunday - Card 1

Well this is card no 8/10 for March and is a card for my mother for Mothering Sunday next week.  Leaves me 2 cards to make a birthday card for the hubby's cousin, and another for his mother for Mothering Sunday.

I decided that I would use the quilling technique to make a card for my mother - quilling some flowers.  I used a vase template that I had so that it would look like flowers coming out of a vase.  I used some old paperstock that I had for the vase and a border down the edge.  I then used a free digi-stamp from Nettys Cards to create the Mothers day sentiment and used my grand calibur to cut it out.

 
For this card I used the following Challenges:


5 comments:

  1. The quilling adds lovely texture to your card. I'm sure your Mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your Mum will love it - quilling adds a lovely dimension to card projects. thanks for joining us at Handmade Harbour this week - good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Nice technique using quilled flowers, very nice!! Thanks for playing along with us at Handmade Harbour!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at The Handmade Habour Challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card Rachel! thanks for joining us at crafts 4 eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete